Monday, October 18, 2010

Plios!




So, yesterday, I went on an excursion to the (sort of) near by town, Plios. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of it (I hadn't) but it is very historical (I'm not sure exactly why, but I know that there were Tartars here and that it's like 900 years old (or something). So that's cool! It was soo beautiful, and it was also the home to the famous Russian artist Levitan (I have never heard of him... I think I might be a bad person...) and I think I'm going to live there some day (along with all of the other places I've said that about--yes, I know I say it a lot... ;.; )

Anyways. We went with another school and its archeology teacher (they have archeology at that school!!!!) so we ended up hiking up into the hills, which in like three inch wedges is not safe. Heck, it wasn't safe for the people in better walking shoes. It was very wet because of the recent rain, and it snowed at random intervals throughout the day (omg, I know!!!! ;)

Besides that, we also went into a really cool old Russian house (now museum type thing) where a lady dressed in traditional costume talked (about what, I'm not sure... I did get a bit of it though!) and we ate some porridge. I'm not totally sure why... maybe they're famous for their... porridge...? Haha, I kind of hope not. I'm pretty sure it was like traditionally made, or something. So that was cool.

I'm really tired now... I'm going to see if I can't sleep a bit. ;.;

No comments:

Post a Comment