Sunday, January 23, 2011

A teensy bit bored... Can you tell?

So, I've decided that I want to write on this more often, although I haven't done very much recently so this post will probably end up being just a bunch of ramblings (which I've begun to suspect will be to myself...)

So. Ploy and I went to a nearby town called Rostov. It's very small, cute, got a Russian church and a lake. I'll try and write more about it when I get around to downloading pictures.... But I will say that I had a completely small world moment while I was there. On our way back to the bus station, we passed a guy wearing a Greenbay Packers sweatshirt! I just about freaked out, trying to decide whether I should stop the poor guy in the middle of the street and say something to him... Decided not to. But I think he figured it out anyways since I not-so-subtely shoved Ploy into the street and exclaimed, "OMG THAT GUY'S WEARING A GREENBAY PACKERS SWEATSHIRT!". He turned around and stared at me and we started walkin faster.

But anyways. So, my Russian teacher had been out of school the entire time we've been back at school and only came back Friday for the first time. And while he was gone, I realized that it is very, very hard to talk yourself into going to school when there's really no reason... I mean, don't get me wrong. I find lessons interesting sometimes, when I can catch the thread of conversation and make myself pay close enough attention to keep it. And I want to see my friends... But couldn't we do that AFTER the sun comes up? And NOT on Saturday? ;.; Russians have very hard lives, I've decided. I don't get how they expect everyone to get up when the sun is completely not up (I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm getting up at 3am rather than 7...) and put on all this clothing and go out into the way below freezing weather... And just to clarify, I don't know who the "they" in that sentence was. Just sort of a general "they" in the we-are-expected-by-society type "they". I guess.

But I digress.

I am beginning to think that my English grammar has gone downhill. Not in the, 'if I tried I couldn't' sort of way, just in the 'I never have to try' sort of way. Everything I write (including this...) seems to be riddled with little smiley faces, "haha"s, ellipses, and other basically incorrect uses of English. You know, fragments and such.

But, I've already run out of things to talk about here. So if anyone is actually reading this, I applaud you for making it throught that, even if it didn't completely make sense.

For now, buh-bye!

Bettina

No comments:

Post a Comment